The UAE’s Green visa is a type of residence visa, that allows its holder to sponsor himself/herself for 5 years. This eliminates the need for a UAE national or employer to sponsor his/her visa.

This new Visa scheme aims to attract talents, skilled professionals, freelancers, investors, and entrepreneurs. The step is being taken to attract talent and boost growth.

What Are the Benefits?

 The new Green Visa scheme provides more benefits to family members.

  • A Green Visa holder can easily bring family members, including spouses, children, and first-degree relatives to the UAE.
  • The visa holder has the ability to sponsor their male children up to 25 years (previously 18 years), with no age limit for unmarried daughters
  • children of determination are granted a residence permit, regardless of their age
  • The duration of a family member’s residence shall be the same as their sponsor’s residence duration

Who can apply?

The following categories can apply for a Green visa:

 1- Freelancers/self-employed people

Owners of independent businesses or self-employed individuals can apply for a freelancer’s visa. They must submit

  • a freelance/self-employment permit from the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation
  • proof of a bachelor’s degree or specialized diploma
  • evidence of annual income from self-employment for the previous two years for an amount not less than AED 360,000, or prove financial solvency throughout their stay in the UAE.

2- Skilled employees

The Green Visa for freelancing and self-employment provides a 5 years residency for freelancers and self-employed individuals without requiring a sponsor or employer in the UAE. Following are the requirements

  • Need to have a valid employment contract
  • obtaining a freelance/ self-employment permit from the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation
  • Have at least a bachelor’s degree or equivalent
  • have a salary of not less than AED 15,000.

3- Investors or partners

The Green visa for investors helps to establish or participate in commercial activities. It replaces the previous residence visa that was valid for 2 years only. Following are the requirements

  • for approval of the investment and proof of investment. If the investor/partner has more than one license, the total invested capital will be calculated.
  • approval of the competent local authorities is a must

4-The 2-year green visa for students

  • Education residence for students enrolled in education systems
  • It’s a two-year residency visa, and a sponsor by a licensed educational institution is required

Want to know if you are eligible? Contact us, we will be delighted to help you!