“Connecting Minds, Creating the Future” – Slogan for the Dubai Expo 2020.
The Dubai Expo 2020 hosts a platform for various Innovators around the world to showcase their talents and capabilities. By connecting them through the event, Expo 2020 aims to implement a strong legacy strategy that will benefit both: the participants and the local economy. Dubai has been emphasizing investments in various sectors such as Economic growth, Real estate, Environment, and Public. The Dubai Expo 2020 will also be associated with a rise in the UAE’s GDP, as predicted by the International Monetary Fund.
Visitors and attendees will be able to explore new ways for investors to access the global market by using AI-powered software to facilitate substantial B2B, B2G, and G2G transactions across borders, form meaningful links, and contribute to support the UAE.
Global Businesses around the world of all kinds will benefit from the Dubai Expo 2020. Both large-scale businesses with a well-established presence as well as start-ups and SME’s can benefit from the Expo. It will not only help businesses to attract potential investors and establish a global presence but, will also help innovative Entrepreneurs to display their talents through this event. Major firms are using the Expo’s design and research section to explore prospects, develop friendly relationships, and collaborate to achieve long-term financial prosperity with their innovative products.
Some major ways it can aid Global Business can be summarized as follows:
- The Dubai Expo will provide a platform for all Investors, Businessmen, and Entrepreneurs to utilize the opportunity to expand their knowledge and understanding. The Expo is set to help new companies to exhibit their developments to a worldwide stage where individuals from around the world will look into new business ideas. The potential clients the Businesses offer during this period will be of great help and will have a positive impact on the long-term goodwill of the company. Nadia Verjee, chief of staff, Expo 2020 Dubai has said that The Expo will be a major global event taking place in the pandemic and will be a breakthrough for the global economy. It is an important opportunity for all businesses including SMEs, start-ups, and MNC’s globally.
- Businesses around the world can take advantage of the modern and high-tech infrastructure that the UAE holds. This way they can widen the reach of their products and services globally and build business relations internationally. The rapid development of the country’s network of advanced ports, airports, and international transport systems, makes it convenient to facilitate trade and business.
The UAE holds a major advantage in terms of ease in doing business and has been ranked 15th globally in Kearney’s 2021 Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) Confidence Index. This advantage serves in favor of the country and helps to bring in Investments. Additionally, The UAE also holds international trade agreements with various countries around the world including South Asia, Europe, Africa, and America making it easier to conduct business operations.
- Innovative Businesses can also benefit from the Dubai Expo, helping them to expand their business beyond national borders. There may be Entrepreneurs who do not get much exposure or want to broaden their horizons Internationally. Their business ideas may boggle the minds of other Innovators and would be of great help to bring in new Clients, Investments or Partnerships.
- This event is a great opportunity for MNC’s or International companies to further expand their markets by establishing branches or franchises within the UAE. It will help these large businesses to increase their Foreign Direct Investments and expand its operations internationally. For example – Cisco’s cutting-edge electronic networking design and risk management services have been deployed at the Expo site, with continuous learning and research. Honeywell, a worldwide technological giant and official sponsor of the United States Pavilion at Expo 2020 Dubai will exhibit quantum computing’s capabilities.
Some Innovative Programs at the Expo
- The Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (DEWA) will conduct its second Solar Decathlon Middle East (SDME), which requires University students to build sustainable solar-powered homes while simultaneously exhibiting DEWA’s crucial innovations such as the Solar Park, Green Hydrogen Project, and digital DEWA.
- Yet another initiative is known as the ‘Programme for People and Planet’, which will look at solutions to some of the global challenges. The program will take place and will look for solutions on how to tackle major problems around the world such as Climate change, the loss of biodiversity, and narrowing the gap between social inequality.
- Technological development will be an essential part of Expo 2020. It will host autonomous vehicles, 3-D printing, and 5G networks. With the advent of UAE introducing 5G and being awarded among the top global in the fastest network speed, the Expo will further enhance the greater welfare of the UAE and its people.
The coming together of Innovative minds from around the globe in a melting pot of cultures is a spectacular phenomenon. The culture and heritage of the UAE preserving and The Expo serve as an important ray of positivity in a bleak pandemic world and the legacy it leaves behind for a cleaner, greener, and sustainable environment. The Dubai Expo 2020 is truly a unique experience and all businesses must ensure to participate and make use of this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.