TAX RESIDENCY CERTIFICATE / TAX DOMICILE CERTIFICATE:
• It is an official certificate or document which is issued by Ministry of Finance of UAE to either Companies inside UAE for at least 1 year of age or Individual with UAE residency visa / permanently residing in the UAE for at least minimum of 180 Days.
• This Official Certificate is used to fully utilize the advantages of the extensive double tax treaties and to take advantage of double taxation avoidance agreements signed by the UAE with over 115 Countries in the World.
• It is valid for one year from the date of its issue.
ELIGIBILITY FOR TAX RESIDENCY CERTIFICATE IN UAE:
• A company operating in UAE mainland
• Free zone company
• An individual investor/business owner
• An employed individual
NON- ELIGIBILITY FOR TAX RESIDENCY CERTIFICATE IN UAE:
• Branch of a foreign company
• Offshore company
• A non-employed individual (with a spouse visa)
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR TAX RESIDENCY CERTIFICATE:
• Valid Company Trade License Copy
• Establishment contract certified by official authorities (if it is not a Sole Company).
• Physical office space not a flexi desk
• Shareholders & Manager Passport Copy
• Shareholders & Manager Residence Visa
• Shareholders & Manager Emirates ID
• Certified copy of the latest audited financial Statement/Audit Report
• Latest and validated 6-month Company bank statement stamped by the bank
• Certified copy of Company lease agreement or Tenancy Contract (it should be valid for a minimum of three months before the application)
• Tax forms (if any) from the country in which the certificate is to be submitted.
• Application fees of AED 10,000 + AED 10 should be paid by the applicant through e-Dirham Card
* A company must work for at least 1 year
• Passport Copy issued at least before 180 days of expiration
• UAE Residence Visa Copy issued at least before 180 days of expiration
• Emirates ID Copy
• A certified copy of (residential) lease agreement or Tenancy Contract Copy (it should be valid for a minimum of three months before the application)
• Latest Salary certificate.
• Latest & validated 6-month bank statement stamped by the bank
• An Immigration report from the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs specifying the number of days the resident has stayed in the UAE.
• Tax forms (if any) from the country in which the certificate is to be submitted
• Payment for the application fees of AED 2,000 + AED 3 through the e-Dirham card
* An Individual must work in the country for at least 6 months
C) INDIVIDUALS – REAL ESTATE OWNERS
• Resident visa
• Bank statement confirming the existence of a bank account in the UAE
• Proof of real estate ownership
• Utility bills
• 4-5 working days for Pre-approval processing.
• 5-7 working days for the issuance of TAX Residency Certificate once it is approved.
• The customer will receive the certificate through email once the payment operation finished.